This article originally appeared in the March 2016 Stafford County Historical Society newsletter and is shared here on our blog with the author's
Forty Years on the Hill
On October 19, 1975, Mary Washington College President Prince Woodard presided over the public opening of the Gari Melchers Memorial Gallery, making
Looming Yankees: The Union Army Hovers Opposite Fredericksburg–Some Images and Incidents.
Belmont was constructed in the 1790s, nearly 126 years prior to the Melchers' purchasing the Falmouth property in 1916. This is an excellent blog post
Fannie Roots House
The Fannie Roots house holds many stories, and Belmont staff and volunteers have been working quietly for many years to be able to share the tales