The Friends of Belmont are a community of lifelong learners invested in the preservation and interpretation of Gari Melchers Home and Studio (GMH&S). Centered on the ca. 1790 historic house Belmont, associated farm buildings, and a distinctive stone studio and galleries, GMH&S is a National Historic Landmark and one of the best-preserved homes of an American artist. As a Friend, you will enjoy social and educational programs, special guided tours, publications, and discounts not available to the general public. Become a Friend of Belmont today!
To discuss other ways of giving via in-kind gifts or services, volunteer projects, or donations, please contact Executive Director of University Museums Scott Harris.
Friends of Belmont Membership Categories*
$50 – Individual
- Free admission for cardholder
- 20% Museum Store discount
- Program and trip discounts
- Invitation to Members-Only Holiday Reception
- Monthly newsletter
$75 – Household
- All Individual benefits plus free admission for up to four household members
$150 – Artisan
- All Household benefits plus one free, curator-guided tour of the Museum and archives (limit four persons; contact us to schedule)
$250 – Supporter ($50 benefit value)
- All Artisan benefits plus five one-time-use guest passes to share
$500 – Patron ($100 benefit value)
- All Artisan benefits plus single-use $100.00 discount on Studio/Pavilion rental for private event**
$1,000+ – Studio Society ($200 benefit value)
- All Artisan benefits plus single-use $200.00 discount on Studio/Pavilion rental for private event)**
New members at any level receive a set of two museum handbooks: The Gift of Belmont and The Story of Gari Melchers.
*The amount of your gift above the value of benefits may be tax deductible. You have the option to waive all membership benefits in order to receive full tax deductibility.
**Rental agreement required; limit 120 persons.