PHOTOGRAPHY ON TOUR
While on tour, our guests are welcomed to take photographs of the interior spaces of the house, studio, and galleries. Flash, tripods, and selfie sticks are prohibited inside the buildings. Please share your photos using #garimelchersbelmont.
Photographers planning to photograph on the grounds of GMHS for commercial photography sessions (for which income is derived) or amateur photography sessions (involving portraits of individuals, friends and families, weddings, engagement, graduation, prom, or making use of models, sets and props) are required to make an appointment with the Visitor Services Manager at (540) 654-1843 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to the proposed time of their photography session. Photographers must check in at the front desk of the Visitor Center before beginning their session on the arranged date and time and pay a fee of $50 per subject session. Some sessions may be charged more depending on the number of people or type of session, including workshops, mini shoots, or stylized shoots. Photographers must carry a copy of the policy with them during their session. Those who do not make an appointment or check in upon arrival will be denied access to the property. Photographers and their subjects must abide the following regulations:
- Photography sessions are limited to public hours from 10 am – 5 pm and may not be scheduled for after hours.
- Photography sessions are limited to only outside spaces; no interior photography sessions are permitted.
- No standing or walking through flowerbeds or shrubbery.
- Do not move flower pots, benches, chairs, or any other lawn ornament.
- No climbing or sitting on gates, statuary, walls, fences, trees, buildings, and farm equipment.
- Please come dressed. There are no changing facilities for photography subjects.
- Please have your dog on a leash.
- Private props may be used with prior approval.
- GMHS cannot provide electricity, seating or other logistical support for photography sessions. Carts, dollies, and vehicles are not permitted within the gated formal grounds.
- The operation of drones is prohibited without special permission from the Assistant Director/Curator.
- All photographers, whether commercial or amateur, and their subjects are responsible for the repair and/or replacement of property damaged by their activities.
- GMHS has the right to refuse any photography that would interfere with the guest’s experience or threaten the safety of guests and the historic structures and grounds.
FILMING – COMMERCIAL AND TOURISM-RELATED
All commercial and tourism-related filming projects involving the house, studio, and grounds will be handled through the Assistant Director/Curator’s office at (540) 654-1841 or email@example.com.